Every garden is different and the first step is to give me a call and tell me about yours – fees are variable depending on the complexity and requirements of the project. I will work anywhere within Scotland or the north of England – travel costs may be applicable depending on where you live – give me a call to discuss if you’re not sure.
Some clients based locally may just want advice or a very basic design and there is a set fee to cover both these options.
Garden advice – £95 within 30 miles of TD1 postcode
- Discover the potential of your own garden with an onsite consultation of around 1 hour. This is followed by a written proposal of changes to make and plants to buy.
- This makes a great gift for a garden lover, can be the first step towards a full garden design or might just give you enough inspiration to realise your own ideas in full.
Set fee garden design – £550 within 30 miles of TD1 postcode
- The set fee plan is an option for a simple project. This is ideal if you are looking for a new border, patio, lawn or driveway layout on a flat site. Your site will be surveyed and your project discussed in a single visit lasting up to around 2 hours
- You will then be sent a single A3 plan drawn to scale with some indication of materials as required.
- This approach is suitable for a small, reasonably flat garden without complicated level changes or steps. It will not give you construction or planting detail but can suit many simple projects.
- If unsure whether your project will be suitable, just give me a call.
Full garden design service – from around £700 – distance no object
- Full garden design is a service tailored to fit your own individual site, requirements and budget.
- It will involve the production of a site survey, initial proposal sketches, detailed layout plan, construction drawings, plus possibly perspective drawings and planting plans. It may also include a maintenance profile for your garden.
- First step for a full design is a site visit, whereby I can provide you with a fee estimate for the project.
Planting plans for existing borders
- this is dependant on the size of the project and starts at £90
Project management for completed designs – this may be helpful in getting your garden built
- this can be charged as a percentage of the contractors costs – normally 5%
- or you can pay as required at a cost of £85 per site visit.